Sunday, January 1, 2023

Word of the year: goodness

My word for 2023 year is: GOODNESS.

Galatians 5:22‭-‬25 NIV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

I am continuing my meditation on the fruit of the Spirit.  I don't think I did that well with "kindness" this past year, but I think it is important for me to recognize that sanctification is incremental and multi dimensional.

Father, I praise you because you are good and the origin of all goodness.  Thank you for making me a new creation of the same goodness as your self.  May your goodness be revealed in greater measure through me.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment