Tuesday, February 21, 2023

I want time to be still and reflect

On the drive to the airport this morning, I remembered when I was a kid, riding home from the farm late one night after harvesting cotton, and the passenger side window of the pickup wouldn't role up.  Dad turned on the heater full blast.  It was a mixture of feelings, the cold wind on my face and the warm air from the floorboard.  

So, as I was driving this morning, I rolled down the windows and cranked up the heater.  I am thankful for my dad and times we had together.

I want to make more time to be still and focus on the Father and his love for me.  I want a regular rhythm of reflection in my life.  (My significantly lower frequency of blog posting is an artifact of limited time made for reflection.)


Father, thank you for your patience with me.  I want the peace and joy that come from spending unstructured time with you.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment