Thursday, June 15, 2023

Jesus was falsely accused AND falsely condemned for our benefit

Mk 14:53-65

I tend to be overly focused on justice and fairness, perhaps an artifact of being firstborn and/or perfectionist.

Jesus was focused on the joy set before Him, so he was willing to endure the injustices and (Rom 12:1-2).  Jesus did not exercise His authority to escape the trial based on false accusations of false teaching or threatening the destruction of the temple.  Nor did Jesus object, appeal, or attempt to escape from the false condemnation of blasphemy after He admitted that He is the Christ, the Son of the Blessed.  Jesus was ultimately vindicated in the resurrection, and He was willing to endure suffering and wait for the Father's timing.  He did it for us.

I want to be like Jesus - willing to deny the desire for immediate vindication without suffering.  He was patient because of His love for the Father and for us.

Father, thank you for your plans, which are better than my plans.  Thank you for your ways, which are better than my ways.  Jesus, thank you for your example of choosing love and patience over justice for yourself in the moment.  Holy Spirit, I need you.  Please fill me and overflow through me today.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment