Friday, June 16, 2023

Man's best friend

Boone is such a loyal dog; he will follow you into whatever room you go and sit down near you.

This morning, I told him that I really appreciate his loyalty and friendship.

Then the thought occurred to me that the greatest level of friendship is enabled with bidirectional conversation, especially sharing personal thoughts.

I was reminded of what Jesus said in John 15 about us being his friends:

John 15:14‭-‬15 NIV
You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

I want to be a good friend of God.  I don't want to only know about Him; I want to have a dep personal and conversational relationship with Him.

Father, please guide me to a deeper fellowship with you.  I want to know your thoughts, and I want my thoughts to be confirmed to match your thoughts.  I want my heart to perfectly match your feelings.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment