Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Mocked versus approved

Matthew 15

In his "trials", the night before his death, Jesus was rejected and mocked so that I can be accepted and approved.  Jesus was scorned and ridiculed, but my Father takes delight in me and sings over me.

Jesus was hung on a cross so that all of the sins of the world could be placed on him and cursed because he was hung on a pole.  

2 Cor 5:21 NIV
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

What a privilege Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus had to care for the body of our Lord Jesus Christ after he died!  They honored His body by not leaving it exposed overnight and by providing a basic burial with dignity and honor. 

Jesus, thank you for being willing to suffer rejection, mocking, and the curse of sin so that I can be accepted, approved, and blessed.  I want to experience the full measure of what you paid for.  You bought me an all-access pass, and I feel like I have only been watching from the nosebleeds.  You want even more for me than to move from the nosebleeds to the sidelines; you want me to trade places with you in the game.  Holy Spirit, please take me there.  I want to experience what Jesus bought for me.  Everything that I do today, I want to do in love - Christ living in me and through me, revealing the Father.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment