Thursday, March 7, 2024

Water, Purification

Coincidentally, or maybe divinely orchestratedly, I attended two water conferences this week, and I read Numbers 19-20 in my daily reading (water of cleansing and water from the rock, respectively) earlier this week.

On the two flights yesterday, I read the first half of the book, In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day, and Chapter 3 about fear challenged me to think about how I fear failure.  And, as a recovering perfectionist, I struggle with categorizing anything I do that falls short of perfection as failure.  Thus, I struggle with considering myself a failure, categorically.  I want to be freed from this mindset so that I can be more impactful at helping provide safe drinking water to people around the world.

Father, deliver me from perfectionism.  Perfectionism is not the mind of Christ.  I break agreement with perfectionism.  I break agreement with thinking of myself as a failure.  I take courage in knowing that you are orchestrating my advancements and victories.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment