Friday, October 5, 2018

Ruidoso retreat last weekend

We attended a retreat in Ruidoso last Friday and Saturday with Adrian and Kayla's and Josh and Olivia.  It was very encouraging.  We had a great time in praise and worship every session. Josh taught on Friday evening about intimacy with God by way of Moses and the bush fire, and how that private experience prepared Moses to publicly go to the mountain fire.  Olivia shared about how they have continued to take steps of faith and obedience and have seen the Lord continue to increase their ministry.  

Brandi spoke in toungues for the first time. That was amazing. And another significant moment was during one of the worship sets, she asked the Lord, "What do you look like?" And He replied, "I look like the smile on your child's face.  I look like the beauty of the mountains.  I look like your husband's face when you walked down the isle on your wedding day.  I look like your parent's face beaming at you with pride."

A couple of impressions that I walked away with: I want to continue taking steps forward in faith and obedience, and I want to take a two day fast to ask God for more hunger for Him.

Father, thank you for continuing to grow us closer. Jesus, we want more. Holy Spirit, we want more.  I love you, and I trust you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment