Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Silence

If anyone had the right to be critical, it was Jesus before He was crucified.  He was falsely accused in an unfair trial.

Isaiah 53:7 NIV
He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

It wasn't that Jesus never said anything critical, it was that He was obedient to only speak in harmony with the Father and the Holy Spirit, and He was silent when He was not supposed to speak.

On Sunday, our church prayed for Brandi and me at the end of the gathering.  Celia gave Brandi a word about her mentoring young ladies in the royalty of being soiritual princesses, daughters of the King.  Later, Brandon approached me privately and said that he had a picture of me with a steel plate riveted over my mouth and asked me if that meant anything.  I told him that I have been trying to not be so critical, and that I think I need to be resolved as steel to not speak critical comments that I think.  I had actually set this as one of my goals for the 21 day fast in January, but I didn't do that very well.   So, Brandon challenged me to one week of silence on critical comments.  I believe that this is the first step to breakthrough on changing the way I think.

Father, thank you for your kindness, love, and patience.  Jesus, thank you for your example.  Holy Spirit, thank you for your power.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment