Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Desire for orthopathy

I grew up in a church culture with a strong focus on orthodoxy (correct doctrine/beliefs) and orthopraxy (right practice/behavior).  A few years ago, Randy preached about orthopathy (correct feelings), which was a very helpful introduction to the concept.

As I read the three parables about the lost sheep, lost coin, and lost son, I think Jesus is sharing key insights into the heart of the Father, especially the high value of His children and how He feels when they are lost.

I want to embrace the heart of the Father, but I generally consider myself quite immature with respect to my capacity to feel and my emotional intelligence/awareness.

Father, your heart is so good.  I want to be like you.  I want to have a heart like yours.  Jesus, thank you for living a lifestyle that expresses the heart of the Father.  Holy Spirit, please mold my heart to match the Father's heart.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment