Thursday, October 14, 2021

First versus Third reality

Praise Yahweh! Through faith in Jesus, our true identity in the Third Heaven is sons and daughters of God!

John 1:12‭-‬13 NIV
Yet to all who did receive [Jesus], to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

In the Third Heaven, which is greater than the Second and First Heavens, we are royalty because we are sons and daughters of God!

Psalms 113:4‭-‬8 NIV
Yahweh is exalted over all the nations, his glory above the heavens. Who is like Yahweh our God, the One who sits enthroned on high, who stoops down to look on the heavens and the earth? He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes, with the princes of his people.

So, if I am aware of my eternal royal identity in the Third Heaven, then I don't need to try to impress anyone in the First Heaven (i.e., here on earth).

Proverbs 25:6‭-‬7 NIV
Do not exalt yourself in the king's presence, and do not claim a place among his great men; it is better for him to say to you, "Come up here," than for him to humiliate you before his nobles. 

Father, thank you for making us sons and daughters! You are a good Father! Thank you for making us royalty!  We stand in authority and power with you.  Jesus, I want to be secure in my identity and humble in every situation, just like you.  Holy Spirit, thank you for helping me be more aware of my identity.  I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment