Friday, May 11, 2018

Iterative implementation

Like multiple terms of a Taylor series are needed for accurate approximation, I am slowly but progressively implementing some spiritual revelations.

Last year at Brandi's parents' church meeting, some elders prayed for me for healing my back.  As they were praying, they shared a word of knowledge that I needed some deep emotional healing.  I have been trying to figure out what that is.  

I have been reading this book about birth order, and the chapter on firstborns has really resonated with me, particularly about the high self-expectation personality trait.  I have realized that I tend to say yes to many things because I feel obligated, and I am beginning to have the courage to say no to requests of me.

Recently my mom encouraged me to proactively release any bitterness or disappointment, which often come from unmet expectations.  

I have been praying a general prayer of release and declaring freedom of (1) any expectations that I have for other people, (2) any expectations of other people on me, and (3) any of my expectations of myself.  On Wednesday, I had to give a practice presentation to an inter-institutional research team, and I was very stressed about it.  I spoke to my mom that morning on the way to work, and I realized as I was talking with her that I needed to begin to apply this release of expectations to specific deliverables.  So when I got to my office, I declared freedom of expectations about that presentation, and my attitude began to shift from apprehension and anxiousness to genuine enjoyment.  

I can tell that I still need more terms in the series, but I feel like I am making progress.

Father, your approval is all I need, and you already approve of me because I am your son, and you see on me the perfect righteousness of Jesus.  Jesus, thank you for living a life of singular focus on love lived out through the will of the Father.  Holy Spirit, break off any expectations of me that are not from the Father, and remove any bitterness or disappointment from my heart.  I want to be free from disappointment, bitterness, and fear.  Those are not of you.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment