Friday, December 14, 2018

Friday double portion

Last Friday evening, I was reading the story of God sending manna for the Israelites and how they gathered only enough manna for each day, except the day before the Sabbath.  Then I realized that the day before the Sabbath is Friday.

The Sabbath represents eternal rest with God, and I believe that we currently live in the "last days", the age before eternal rest.  This, you could refer to us as living in a figurative "Friday".

So, I believe that we live in an age of double portion.  I believe that God wants us to overflow with abundant love in this age:

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Luke 6:38 NIV

That night, I had a dream that I prayed for two people at the same time to be anointed with the Holy Spirit, and they both slumped to the floor under His presence.

Father, I praise you for your abundant heart.  Your heart overflows with love for us.  And we have opportunity to emulate you.  Jesus, thank you for living an example for us to follow.  I want to grow more to look like you today.  Holy Spirit, please bless me with a double portion so that I can give it away.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment