Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2019 - joy

I finished reading the whole Bible last year using the Read Scripture app.  It was very engaging, and I really enjoyed the storyboard video commentaries.

This year, instead of a long list of resolutions, I want to grow in joy.  Joy is part of the fruit of the Spirit, but seriousness is not.

Galatians 5:22‭-‬23 TPT
But the fruit produced by the Holy Spirit within you is divine love in all its varied expressions: joy that overflows, peace that subdues, patience that endures, kindness in action, a life full of virtue, faith that prevails, gentleness of heart, and strength of spirit. Never set the law above these qualities, for they are meant to be limitless.

Smiles and laughs are artifacts of joy.  And the flow of joy is an artifact of the dynamic presence of the Holy Spirit.

This past Sunday, we attended the Sunday gathering with Jeremy and Krystle, and I went forward to ask for prayer, and I asked them to pray for joy for me. As I was driving later that day, I was reflecting on what might restrict the flow of joy in my heart, and I felt like the Lord revealed to me that a judgemental or critical attitude restricts joy.  I asked the Lord to dissolve my critical/judgemental attitude (including self-criticism) or even chip away at it, if necessary.

Father, thank you for growing me in joy this year. Jesus, please reveal the Father to me so that I can see Him as the joyful person He actually is. Holy Spirit, please show me how joyful Jesus is, and infuse me with your joy.  Flow your joy through me.  Father, thank you for filling me with your Spirit. I love you, and I submit myself to you.  I look forward to how I will experience you this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment