Saturday, May 23, 2020

and He adds no sorrow with it

Elisha miraculously blessed a woman from Shunem with a son and then restored that son from death to life (2 Kings 4).  Elisha warned the woman of a seven-year famine, so she took her family to the land of the Philistines to avoid the famine (2 Kings 8).  When they returned, she went to appeal to the king to return her land to her, and Elisha's servant Gehazi just so happened to be telling the king about Elisha restoring the boy's life:

2 Kings 8:6 NIV The king asked the woman about it, and she told him. Then he assigned an official to her case and said to him, "Give back everything that belonged to her, including all the income from her land from the day she left the country until now."

Holy Spirit reminded me of Proverbs 10:22 (NKJV):

The blessing of [Yahweh] makes one rich,
And He adds no sorrow with it.

Father, I believe that you are a good father.  I still don't know how to reconcile what seems to me unnecessary harshness in judgment in the Old Covenant and the book of Revelations, but I trust that you are smarter than me and have a better sense of justice than me, and you can sort all of that out. So, I will praise you and thank you for your goodness to me and the privilege that I have to live in the age of grace.  Jesus, thank you for coming humbly.  I know that you will one day receive the honor and be recognized by all for the authority and power that you do actually have.  Holy Spirit, please show me what my role is here and now to prepare myself, my family, and others for that day.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment