Wednesday, September 30, 2020

First experience of operating in the courts of Heaven

(This was drafted Sep 10, but I forgot to post it.)

I finished reading Bill Dennington's book Breaking the Strongholds of Iniquity yesterday.  It has been one of the most helpful books that I have read.  (I recommend reading the last chapter first, because it provides a big picture overview.) It was illuminating to see the Biblical examples of how spiritual court issues were delaying progress on earth, but once the court decision was made, breakthroughs and victory were released.  It was also very helpful to understand how the enemy uses legal accusations of sin, transgression, and generational iniquity to stall us from stepping into what God has for us in Christ.  I was especially encouraged by the testimonies of breakthroughs that he and others have received through operating as priests in the courts of Heaven to receive the inheritance that Christ wants us to use to accomplish His good plans for us.  In several cases, these breakthroughs were so rapid, even in the context of years of spiritual warfare.

This morning, I listened to an audio recording of his testimony of his first experience of operating in the courts of Heaven, and I realized that I was ready to step into that for myself.

So, I got a tortilla and some grape juice, and I knelt in front of the dining room bay window with the morning light shining in. In faith, I knelt before Jesus as the Righteous Judge, and I confessed the iniquity of anger, repented of it, asked Jesus to remove it from my life and the lives of my family, asked Jesus to silence the voices of shame, guilt, condemnation, and accusation, and then thanked Him for the fruit of the Holy Spirit, especially those that are opposite of anger.  And then, one at a time, I repeated the process for lust and then pride/arrogance.  I truly felt release/relief from these issues.  

And then I took the communion elements and thanked Jesus for the healing that I receive from His broken body and the purification and life that I receive from His blood.  

Father, thank you for this revelation and experience in the courts of Heaven! Jesus, thank you for being the Righteous Judge who I can approach without fear.  Holy Spirit, thank you for being my legal advocate and for helping me resolve these cases.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment