Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Worship Yahweh with gladness

(This was drafted Aug 17, but I forgot to post it.)

Shout for joy to Yahweh, all the earth.  Worship Yahweh with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.  Know that Yahweh is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Psalms 100:1‭-‬3 NIV

So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? ... He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
Galatians 3:5‭, ‬14 NIV

Certainly, there is a time and place for solemnity, but it seems to me that walking by faith in the presence and power of the Spirit is more correlated with gladness than solemnity.  And if we live each day actively worshipping God, then there should be much gladness.  

I resolve to teach my children to worship Yahweh with gladness and joyful songs.

Father, I love you! You are so good! I praise you! May my life communicate an overflow of joyful praise so that people around me will taste and see that you are good.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment