Saturday, January 27, 2007

27 Jan 07

Proverbs 27
:17 "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend." In addition to my wife, I have several close friends that challenge me to grow. I appreciate their insight and wisdom, and I hope I will become more humble to be able to accept and apply constructive critisizm when it comes.
:19 "As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the person." All through scripture, the focus is always about the heart as the true core of your character. I pray God's prophecy through Ezekiel will be true in me.

Luke 14
Jesus hangs out with some Pharisees at one of the leader's home, and then He cuts into their hypocritical behaviour after he heals someone on the Sabbath. Then He tells the leader of the house to invite guests that can't pay him back. "Then at the resurrection of the godly, God will reward you for inviting those who could not repay you." (v. 14) As we become more and more benevolent, merciful, and graceful, we become more and more like our Heavenly Father who as forgiven us and promised us eternal Life with Him - which we can never repay.

No comments:

Post a Comment