Monday, December 12, 2011

dining with Christ

Rev. 3

 2:7 "Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches. To everyone who is victorious I will give fruit from the tree of life in the paradise of God.

 2:17 "Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches. To everyone who is victorious I will give some of the manna that has been hidden away in heaven. And I will give to each one a white stone, and on the stone will be engraved a new name that no one understands except the one who receives it.

3:20 "Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.

My Brother Mark pointed this out to me this morning: life with Christ is about constantly being in fellowship with Him and being filled with His life.  We need to be overcomers, faithfully walking with Him.  It is both active and passive; we actively pursue Him and obey Him, and we rely on His grace and rest in His salvation.

Heavenly Father, I want to be an overcomer.  I want to enjoy the hidden manna and the fruit from the tree of life.  I want to share a meal with Christ as friends.  Lord, please help me walk in fellowship with you today.  Please deliver me from discouragement and despair, an help me share your life with others around me.  I love you, Lord, and I need you to carry me.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment