Thursday, December 1, 2011

waiting for His return

2 Peter 3

9 The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise [of Christ's return], as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. ... 14 And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight.

Last night, instead of having our home group, a few of us attended the worship service of a UTEP student organization called UNO U.  They have a student-led worship service in Spanish.  It was so refreshing to sing praises in Spanish and see the Lord working through students to share the hope of Christ at the university.  Sharing in praise and worship with them reminds me of when Brandi and I were members at Indiana Avenue when we were students.  When I participate in a worship service in a different language, it helps me see that Christ and His Kingdom transcend language, culture, space, and time.

I want to be living a holy, godly, pure, and blameless life to be pleasing in His sight.  I want to be connected and integrated with His global Body.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your patience and mercy.  Lord, please use me to help share the good news of Jesus Christ while there is still time.  Lord, thank you for your grace in my own life; please use me to make disciples of Jesus Christ.  I love you, Lord, and I want to serve you and worship you with my life.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment