Tuesday, December 6, 2011

love, sin, victory

1 John 5

I have been impressed the last few days about how much attention John gives to loving God and loving people (especially Brothers and Sisters in Christ).  I need to devote more attention to loving God and loving people, especially in my attitude towards people.

I have also been impressed with the repeating statements about children of God not sinning.  I need to take sin seriously.  It grieves God, it is not His character, and it is why Jesus died.

And this morning, I am impressed with the certainty of victory as we follow Him:

1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has become a child of God. And everyone who loves the Father loves his children, too. 2 We know we love God's children if we love God and obey his commandments. 3 Loving God means keeping his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome. 4 For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. 5 And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

Heavenly Father, I want to love you and love people.  Lord Jesus, I believe that you are the Christ and you are the Son of God.  I trust you, and I want to walk with you.  Lord, I need you.  Please grow your character in me.  Lord, I want to have the mind of Christ and live your victorious life in the Spirit.  I love you, and I devote myself to you.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment