Wednesday, February 13, 2013

the gift of teaching

Ex 35ff

34 And he has given both him and Oholiab son of Ahisamak, of the tribe of Dan, the ability to teach others.

I know that I'm pulling this out of context, but...

My Uncle George passed away, and his funeral was this past Saturday.  Person after person stood up and spoke about how he had pulled them under his wing, encouraged them, and propelled them on to carry out their dreams in life.  It was an amazing example of the life of Christ at work in a human.  I am inspired by my Uncle George and his example to live in a way that consistently impacts people.

Yesterday and today, I have the opportunity to visit and observe faculty at the Olin college of engineering near Boston.  It was very exciting to see their innovative curriculum and teaching methods at work.

I genuinely believe that the Lord has called me to be a teacher as a professional, and I believe that he has given me a gift of spiritual teaching.  I need to submit to His leadership and allow Him to empower me to impact people.

Heavenly Father, I love you, and I want to be useful to you.  Lord Jesus, please use me to advance your Kingdom.  Holy Spirit, may I trust you and listen to you and not try to operate in my flesh.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment