Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Types in Ruth

Ruth

1:16 But Ruth said, "Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the Lord do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you."

These verses remind me of how blessed I am to have Brandi as my wife.  She is such a loyal and faithful partner, and I am continually impressed by her love.

1:1 In the days when the judges ruled there was a famine in the land, and a man of Bethlehem in Judah went to sojourn in the country of Moab, he and his wife and his two sons. ... But Elimelech, the husband of Naomi, died, ... and both Mahlon and Chilion died, so that the woman was left without her two sons and her husband. ... Then she arose with her daughters-in-law to return from the country of Moab, ... 7 ... and they went on the way to return to the land of Judah. ... 2:3 So [Ruth] set out and went and gleaned in the field after the reapers, and she happened to come to the part of the field belonging to Boaz, who was of the clan of Elimelech. And behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem. ... 14 And at mealtime Boaz said to her, "Come here and eat some bread and dip your morsel in the wine." ...  3:9 And she answered, "I am Ruth, your servant. Spread your wings over your servant, for you are a redeemer."

Perhaps this is an overgeneralization of this story, but it seems to me that God uses suffering to lead us into the lives of people who do not know God (e.g., Ruth), so that we can engage them and show them the love and redemption of God in Christ (e.g., Boaz).

Heavenly Father, thank you for a wonderful wife.  And thank you for the opportunity to engage people around me to know you and experience your redemption and restoration.  I love you, and I pray that my life is filled with your life today.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, my Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment