Friday, April 12, 2013

Vocational freedom and fear

1 Samuel 15

10:6-7 ESV Then the Spirit of the Lord will rush upon you, and you will prophesy with them and be turned into another man. Now when these signs meet you, do what your hand finds to do, for God is with you.

I'm not quite sure how to interpret this.  Perhaps God was saying some think like, "You shouldn't have a king anyway, so I don't care what you do.". Or perhaps He meant, "I have anointed you with myself, so go use the God-given gifts and skills to do good things."

10:21-22 ESV. He brought the tribe of Benjamin near by its clans, and the clan of the Matrites was taken by lot; and Saul the son of Kish was taken by lot. But when they sought him, he could not be found. So they inquired again of the Lord , "Is there a man still to come?" and the Lord said, "Behold, he has hidden himself among the baggage."

It seems like fear and self criticism are two common enemies of vocational effectiveness, especially in leadership.  As the Lord leads us to lead, we need to trust Him and follow Him.

Heavenly Father, please lead me, and I will follow.  Please give me boldness to lead others.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment