Saturday, December 5, 2015

love God by obeying God: love one another

If you want to love God, then you should obey God's command, and His command is to love one another:

John 15:9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

The Apostle John reiterated this essential doctrine in his letters:

1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. ... 5:2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome ...

2 John 1:4 It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth,just as the Father commanded us. 5 And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your love.  I love you because you first loved me, and I want to obey you.  Please anoint me with your Holy Spirit and pour your agape love through me.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment