Friday, December 25, 2015

Harvest and Christmas

I got to help my dad finish harvesting cotton a few days ago.  I want to be more devoted to helping my Father finish the Harvest.

This week, I've had good spiritual converstions with my mom, dad, and brother about vocation, shepherding, and pastoring.

We had a birthday party for Jesus this morning.  After opening presents, the boys were fighting over toys and not sharing.  I tried to not let that change my attitude.  I think I should have that perspective year-round.

I taught Beau how to drive this morning.  I thought he did pretty well.  It is encouraging to me to empower him with knowledge and skills.  I want to be more intentional about empowering my children.  And spiritually, I want to invest more time in empowering disciples.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the time to take a break.  Thank you for the opportunity to spend time with family, work, and rest.  Lord Jesus, help me invest in promoting your Kingdom.  Please keep me from investing my time and effort in fruitless activities.  Holy Spirit, please empower me and guide me in bringing Heaven to earth by abiding in your presence and operating in your authority and power.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment