Sunday, August 27, 2017

Ministry of the Spirit

He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. ...  Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lordʼs glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:6‭, ‬17‭-‬18 NIV

During Greg's message this morning, he pointed out that Christ is reigning, and we are revealing His Kingdom, even when the world around us is full of turmoil.  We are the KING's DOMain, so we are the Kingdom. We live in such a way as to reveal the reality of Jesus' reign.  And He has broken "the fourth wall", so He wants to multiply His life through each of us.  So, He has delegated His authority and power to us through the Holy Spirit to have a bunch of Christs to appropriate the resources of the Kingdom on behalf of the King.  And we operate in the midst of a spiritual battlefield.

Therefore, since through Godʼs mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. ... But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. ... Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:1‭, ‬7‭-‬9‭, ‬16‭-‬18 NIV

Brandi said that she thinks that when it finally clicks for us (when we operate in the reality of who He has now established us to be), it will be like the scene in The Matrix when Neo stops the bullets.

I asked the Father this morning what was holding me back from stepping in to that reality, and He told me that I need more love.  So, I asked Him how I get more love, and He told me that I need more of Him.

Heavenly Father, I want more of you.  I want my mindset to be identical to yours.  I want my heart to match yours.  I want your love to flow through me.  Please forgive me for being so selfish and self-centered.  Please invade my mind, invade my heart, invade my marriage, invade my home, invade my work.  Holy Spirit, lead me to Jesus.  Jesus, lead me to the Father.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment