Thursday, March 15, 2018

Importance of a father's blessing

I've been reading the book of Judge's, and Jephthah was an absolute knucklehead.  First of all, there is no indication in the Torah that God wants people to make quid-pro-quo agreements with God, which shows that Jephthah's father didn't teach him how to love God.  Second, Jephthah was fighting people's who practiced child sacrifice, so he should have know that when his daughter came running out to meet him that sacrificing his daughter was worse than breaking his promise to God. This story is so depressing, especially now that I have a daughter.

In contrast, I read Psalm 72 this morning, and King David blesses the king, and many of the blessings are partially fulfilled during Solomon's reign.  Some are prophetic of Jesus's reign, and we will see those fulfilled one day.

Father, thank you for blessing me with an earthly father who taught me to love you.  May I bless my children and teach them to love you and walk in your favor. We long for the full revelation of the reign of Christ. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment