Monday, March 26, 2018

Strength, joy, and compassion

Lord, just singing about you makes me strong! So I'll keep shouting for joy to Jacob's God, my champion.
Psalms 81:1 TPT

Last week I called my dad to ask him to pray for me because I was feeling overwhelmed and stressed out with work.  He prayed for me, and then he encouraged me to sing praise songs throughout the day.  I want to be intentional this week.

Yesterday in our church gathering, I felt the Lord convict me of being too busy and the consequences of students feeling like I am too busy for them.  I want that every time I open my office door, the person who knocked will see the compassion of their Heavenly Father shining in my face.

Father, thank you for your strength and love.  Jesus, thank you for the strength that you demonstrated as an overflow of your solitude with the Father. Holy Spirit, thank you for your joy and overflow through me this week.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment