Monday, March 5, 2018

second derivative

Deut. 32:46 he said to them, "Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day, so that you may command your children to obey carefully all the words of this law.

It is critically important for us to teach our children to love the Lord and obey Him.  But I think it is also very important for grandparents to teach their grandchildren to love the Lord and obey Him.

Deut. 4:9 Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.

The first derivative characterizes the slope (rate of increase), and the second derivative represents curvature (rate of change of the rate of increase).  I think grandparents have the opportunity to accelerate the spiritual growth of their grandchildren, and I am so thankful that both sets of grandparents of my children are followers of Jesus.

Heavenly Father, may I be faithful to lead my children to you.  And please give more opportunities for my parents and in-laws to pour spiritual truth into my children.  I want my children to far surpass me in spiritual growth and demonstration of your love and power.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment