Saturday, April 25, 2020

Seeing is not believing

Ecclesiastes 11:7‭-‬8 NIV
Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun.  However many years anyone may live, let them enjoy them all. But let them remember the days of darkness, for there will be many. Everything to come is meaningless.

It is sad that King Solomon drifted away from God during his life.  He had a form of godliness but denied its power.

Ten of the twelve Israelites sent out to explore Canaan said that God couldn't give them the land.  They had seen God decimate the Egyptians and drown Pharaoh's army.  They had seen the presence of God as a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night.

King Solomon saw the glory of God inhabit the Temple at the dedication ceremony.

Judas witnessed Jesus's life, ministry, and miracles - firsthand.  He had a front row seat.

Somehow, seeing is not believing.

I want to be one with the fire more as much as I want to see its light.  Seeing is better than not seeing, but seeing is trivial compared to being on fire.

Father, please set more of me on fire.  Jesus, you purchased all of me.  Holy Spirit, consume me.  Bring your fire deeper in my heart, soul, mind, and body.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment