Friday, April 17, 2020

Waiting for Jesus

Our family observed a Messianic Passover Seder meal on Good Friday.  Brandi did a wonderful job preparing everything.  Several things impressed me.  

First, before we even started, Brandi prepared a special seat for Jesus.  (Traditionally, it is for Elijah.)  I truly want Jesus to be honored in our family.  I was really touched seeing that seat at the table.  He is so worthy of our worship!  

Second, as we sat around the table, all dressed up, it was so wonderful to spend time dedicated to teaching our children about the long history of people following God.  I really want to help my children be devoted disciples.

Third, at the end of the Seder, the children go open the front door and check to see if Jesus is there.  For several days, Katelyn kept asking if Jesus was going to come get us and take us to heaven.  She was so excited!  I want to have that kind of expectation of His return, and a longing to be present with Him.

Father, thank you for your kindness and patience with me.  Jesus, thank you for your death and resurrection, and thank you for promising to return for us.  Holy Spirit, thank you for your presence.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment