Friday, April 6, 2012

making disciples

Luke 5:1-16

Jesus got in the boat, told Peter how to fish, and demonstrated that He was in control.  He also demonstrated that He would provide for them.

10 ... Jesus replied to Simon, "Don't be afraid! From now on you'll be fishing for people!" 11 And as soon as they landed, they left everything and followed Jesus.

I wonder if I am really fishing for people through the opportunities I have as a professor.  I wonder if there is a balance between "being salt and light" (which sounds somewhat passive) and "fishing for people" (which sounds more active to me).  Maybe with different types of people.  Perhaps with some, my role is more saltiness and brightness, and with others, my role is active discipleship.

Heavenly Father, please help me live the way you want me to.  Please direct my path.  Please help me be salt and light and a fisher of men.  I love you, Lord.  Please make me useful to you.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment