Thursday, June 7, 2012

easy math

John 11:28-57

40 Jesus responded, "Didn't I tell you that you would see God's glory if you believe?" 41 So they rolled the stone aside. Then Jesus looked up to heaven and said, "Father, thank you for hearing me. 42 You always hear me, but I said it out loud for the sake of all these people standing here, so that they will believe you sent me." 43 Then Jesus shouted, "Lazarus, come out!" 44 And the dead man came out, his hands and feet bound in graveclothes, his face wrapped in a headcloth. Jesus told them, "Unwrap him and let him go!" 45 Many of the people who were with Mary believed in Jesus when they saw this happen.

So, if many people believed by seeing Jesus's miracle, then why doesn't He continue to perform more miracles today so that more people will believe?  The power investment is negligible (i.e., any finite amount of power required to perform a miracle divided by omnipotence diverges to zero specific power output).  It seems like easy math to me.

Heavenly Father, I don't understand why you make things so hard some times.  Why not perform lots of miracles so that lots of people will believe?  Anyway, please help me trust you and listen to you.  Lord, please turn my heart to you.  I submit to your authority and your plan.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment