Wednesday, June 27, 2012

point of departure

Acts 1:1-11

In my mind, there are two very important concepts here that Jesus gave His disciples as He departed.  First, the main objective of why we are still here on earth - to share Jesus with others:

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

First challenge question:  Am I consistently telling people what I have witnessed Jesus do in my life?

Second point, the angels told them how long we have to accomplish this objective (i.e., until Jesus returns):

11 "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

Second challenge question:  Am I living in constant expectation of Christ's return?

Heavenly Father, please give me discernment to clearly realize opportunities to share Jesus with others, and please give me boldness to tell people about what I have witnessed Jesus do in my life.  Lord Jesus, I want to be expecting your return.  I want to live in constant conscious awareness of your imminent return, and I pray that this expectation will practically sanctify the way that I live my life.  I love you, and I want to know you.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment