Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Praise the Lord

Psalms

As I finished up the book of Psalms, I was particularly impressed with the emphasis on the Lord's power, mercy, and love.  I was also impressed with the repetition of the command to "praise the Lord".  It seems that regardless of how much/often/frequently you praise the Lord, it is insufficient. 

Psalm 134:1-3 ESV
Come, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, who stand by night in the house of the LORD!   Lift up your hands to the holy place and bless the LORD!  May the LORD bless you from Zion, he who made heaven and earth!

Heavenly Father, may I be faithful in praising you for who you are and thanking you for what you have done.  You are good and kind; may I be impressed with your goodness and love.  Thank you for your mercy in Christ.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment