Monday, July 8, 2013

thankfulness

Psalms

I memorized Psalm 100 (KJV) when I was in primary or elementary school.

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

I think verses 2 and 4 are especially important: gladness, thanksgiving, and blessing.

A few days ago, Jude came to me and asked me for some juice.  As I was getting him some juice, I was suddenly very impressed with what a privilege it is to be able to provide food for my children.  As I have been reading through the Old Testament, there are many instances where God judged the people's wickedness, and there were famines and starvation.  How terrible it would be to watch your children suffer starvation.  I am so grateful that God has blessed my family with basic provisions. 

We have plenty of food to eat, clean water to drink, and clean air to breathe. We have a wonderful home that keeps us cool in the summer and warm in the winter.  We have a wonderful Christian family and many friends.  Most of all, we have eternal salvation in Jesus Christ.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your kindness to me and my family.  Thank you for your love.  May I be continually thankful.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment