Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Living water

Jeremiah 2:13 ESV

for my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living waters, and hewed out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water.

John 4:10 ESV
Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, 'Give me a drink,' you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water."

John 7:37-38 ESV
On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink.  Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'"

Jesus clearly claimed to be God.  And He is the source of life.  And we can't store water in broken cisterns; we need to be constantly drinking from the living water.

Heavenly Father, please forgive me for trying to satisfy my thirst for you with things of this world.  Please forgive me for worshipping the idol of my career.  Lord, may I drink fresh from you today, and stay faithful to find enjoyment and satisfaction in you alone.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the Living Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment