Friday, May 8, 2015

wisdom is near (and good)

8:1 Does not wisdom call out?
    Does not understanding raise her voice?
At the highest point along the way,    where the paths meet, she takes her stand;
beside the gate leading into the city,    at the entrance, she cries aloud:
"To you, O people, I call out;    I raise my voice to all mankind.
...
17 I love those who love me,    and those who seek me find me.
...20 I walk in the way of righteousness,    along the paths of justice,
...
32 "Now then, my children, listen to me;    blessed are those who keep my ways.

There were a couple of things that were encouraging to me this morning.  First, wisdom is near (v. 2-3). Wisdom is where the people are.  Usually, when I am in a difficult situation, I feel like wisdom is so far away.  But I need to remember that wisdom is a personification of the Lord, and the Lord is with us (Immanuel), so wisdom is near.

Second, wisdom wants to be heard (v. 1, 4) and obeyed so that we will be blessed (v. 17, 20, 32).  We need to be diligent to listen, but our hearing is not limited by the Lord; He generously gives wisdom to all who ask.  And we will experience the blessings of enjoying fellowship with Him, as well as the practical blessings of righteous/wise living.

Heavenly Father, thank you for being near.  Thank you for being present.  Jesus, thank you for being Immanuel.  Holy Spirit, thank you for being with me.  I don't really understand exactly how, but I believe that we are with you and that you are with us.  Lord God, I praise you for your goodness and kindness.  You delight in us, and you desire and plan good things for us; you even bring us good things out of seemingly bad circumstances.  You are good, and you are good to me.  Thank you for your grace.  Thank you for sustaining me.  I love you.  May I dwell in the abundane of your goodness, grace, and love.  Holy Spirit, anoint me with your goodness; may I bear your presence and goodness to others today.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment