Saturday, May 9, 2015

Uncle Larry's funeral

My Uncle Larry passed away on Thursday, and his funeral was this morning.  Funerals are sad occasions, but for those who believe in Christ, there is comfort for the family.  We sang the hymn, "Victory in Jesus". 

The preacher's words were accurate, encouraging, and challenging.  He pointed out that Uncle Larry was always reading, always studying.  He was a man devoted to learning.  He was humble and joyful. The preacher challenged us to follow Uncle Larry's example.  Indeed, I want to be such a man. I want to be consistently studying, genuinely humble, and abundantly joyful.

I think attending a funeral helps keep things in perspective.  A wise man numbers his days.

Heavenly Father, thank you for Uncle Larry.  Thank you for his example.  Lord, please comfort Aunt DB, and give her strength.  Lord, please help me be consistent in growing, and consistent in demonstrating the fruit of the spirit.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment