Saturday, May 2, 2015

Devoted spiritual time

I think I am realizing that I need to be careful not to overcommit my time for multiple reasons.  If I allow my professional obligations to take up too muc time, then it decreases available time for spiritual work.  And spiritual progress takes time. No way around it.  I think I have been so busy recently, that I have limited my availability for the Lord to use me in His work.  I think we new flexible time in our schedules to be available for the Holy Spirit to use us in "spontaneous" events.

Heavenly Father, I want to be available for your work.  I believe that you have called me to be a professor and that you are using me in my vocation.  But I also feel like it is important for me to be available for you to use me in spontaneous ministry moments.  I want to seek first your Kingdom.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment