Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Dealing with problems

Yesterday, Beau told Brandi that he didn't want to go to AWANA.  Last week, he cried a lot and said that He missed his mom. 

I tried to reason with him and explain the value of memorizing Scripture and learning about God, but logic didn't seem effective.

I asked him if something had happened to upset him.  He didn't tell me anything. 

Finally, I told him that I am his father, that I love him, and that I want him to grow to be a strong man.  I told him that in life, he will face many challenges, and he can't run away from them, that he needs to face them and deal with his problems, and that I am always here to help him through that.

As I was saying this to Beau, I felt like the Lord was saying it to me.  But like Beau, I think many times, it seems that I don't know what the problem is.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your love for me.  Thank you for your patience.  Please help me be more spiritually self aware and discerning of problems.  And please lead me to breakthrough.  And Beau, too.  I love you, and I didn't mean to rhyme. In Jesus's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment