Sunday, November 26, 2017

let us draw near

Several points have impressed me this time through Hebrews.  While the Melchizedek priesthood was established in the time of Abraham (before the law), Jesus was established as a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek "on oath" in the time of David (Psalm 110:4).  Jesus's priesthood is ultimate because He was both the priest and the sacrifice, atoning for our sins once and for all and reestablishing relationship with God.  The conclusion, then, is close relationship with Him:

Heb 10:19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

If The Way to God is now available, then why would I not want to go to Him?  Why would I allow my heart and mind to be distracted by any other thing?

Ironically, this is the point of my blog.  And yet, as of late, I have been delinquent because I have been "too busy".  

Father, thank you for making the way to reconnect with you.  Jesus, thank you for being The Way for every person in the world for all time.  Holy Spirit, thank you for leading me to The Way.  Please help me turn my heart to you and seek you even more.  I want to know you and walk with you daily.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment