Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Fighting the good fight?

For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
2 Timothy 4:6‭-‬7 NIV

Most of the time I feel spent.  Jesus came to serve and to give his life as a ransom.  The apostle Paul was poured out like a drink offering.  But where is my joy?  Maybe I'm fighting battles that are not eternally significant?  

Father, please let me know if I'm fighting in the right ring.  I'm recently realizing that I'm feeling burned out.  How do I catch my breath and refocus on you and your amazing love so that I'm fighting with you and not on my own strength.  Jesus, teach me how you kept going for the joy set before you.  Holy Spirit, I want to keep in step with you.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment