Sunday, June 2, 2019

discipling the nations through entrepreneurship

I am currently at DFW on my way to the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in The Hague, Netherlands.  On the plane from ELP, I read a little more of the book Authority to Heal, and I spent some time telling Holy Spirit that I wanted Him to take a greater hold of me.  I confessed and repented of being short-tempered and giving space for anxious thoughts.  I think I let anxiety take a foothold in the last few weeks of finishing my dissertation.  Anxiety is from the enemy, not from the Father, and I want to be done with anxiety.

Brandi and the kids dropped me off at the airport, and Katelyn's tears really touched me.  It hurts me to leave them.  

I arrived at my gate about an hour and a half before my flight was supposed to leave, and I heard them making final calls for an earlier flight to DFW, so I asked, and they bumped me up to the earlier flight.  Since I was going to have a longer layover than originally planned, I thought, "Who might be at DFW today?", and Austin Degenhart came to mind.  I sent him a text, and he agreed to meet me for lunch.

When I got in his truck, I asked Austin, "So, how is work?", to which he replied, "That is an interesting question."  So, he told me the 11 year back-story to his job and move to Dallas.  It was so encouraging to hear about how he walked in humble obedience to the Spirit, and how he learned to listen to the Holy Spirit in everyday moments. It was very interesting to hear about how he repented from "time" and has learned to walk in the favor of God regarding his presence instead of his effort. 

Austin told me that he asked the Holy Spirit for a word for me, and He told him that the prophetic gifting that is on me is situational words of reconciliation.  This was very encouraging to me, and I told him about ministering to the couple on Thursday evening with the word about a soul-wound.  I am excited about growing in this gifting.

Austin just returned last night from a four-day prophetic conference with Shawn Bolz focused on the topic of his book Modern Prophets, and they "accidentally" gave him an extra book.  He was praying about to whom he should give the book, and when I messaged him this morning, he knew that he was supposed to give it to me.  He told me about how Shawn believes that the next great wave of global discipleship will be through business and entrepreneurship.  He was so excited (and a little jealous) when I told him that I was headed to the GES.  He prayed over me and commissioned me as he dropped me off at the airport after lunch.

Father, thank you for your faithfulness.  Thank you for guiding me and growing me.  Thank you for Jesus's example, and thank you for empowering me with your Spirit.  I want to join you in your work.  I want to love people as you love them, and I want to teach them how to love you and love others. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment