Saturday, June 1, 2019

I want to point people to Jesus

Now the crowd that was with him when he called Lazarus from the tomb and raised him from the dead continued to spread the word. Many people, because they had heard that he had performed this sign, went out to meet him.
John 12:17‭-‬18 NIV

I want Holy Spirit to use me to make signs pointing people to Jesus.  Specifically, I want to grow in miracle signs and prophecy signs.

With respect to prophecy, Brandi and I counselled with a couple in our church a couple of nights ago, and as I was thinking/praying about it earlier that day, I got the impression that there was a soul-wound that needed to be healed.  At a point in the conversation with the couple, the conversation was about to move on, and I shared what I thought the Holy Spirit had revealed, and I invited them to be open about any soul-wound.  Sure enough, a wound was revealed, and the couple was able to process through that together.  This was very encouraging to me that I felt like I heard from the Holy Spirit and took a small leap of faith to allow Him to use me as an instrument to help them.

So, I need to be faithful to prayerfully listen more often so that I can be used more frequently.

Father, thank you for the opportunity to partner with you in your healing and restoration.  Jesus, I want to point people to you, but apart from you, I can't.  I want to be with you.  Holy Spirit, thank you for using me.  Please make me even more useful to you.  And I want to be friends with you.  It's not always about utility.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment