Monday, July 9, 2012

anniversary cruise

Acts 13

Last week, to celebrate our 10-year anniversary, Brandi and I took a cruise that included stops at Progresso and Cozumel, Mexico.  We had a great time!

It was hard leaving the boys at home, but it was a great opportunity to reconnect as a couple.  It was also hard for me to let go of work for a week.

We had a lot of time to talk and just hang out.  It was nice to share three meals with Brandi every day.  We went to the gym and exercised three of the five mornings that we were on the ship.  We also had some great conversations with Jon and Lauren, who went with us.  I learn a lot from them.

Brandi is such a fun person.  She is so kind and good-natured.  Her smile and laugh are so contagious.  She is a strong woman, too.  I wish I was a better husband and father.

We did miss the boys; it was great to see them this weekend.  They are precious.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the time to spend with my wife.  Thank you for blessing me with such a wonderful woman to be my partner.  Thank you for how you use her to grow me.  Lord, please help me be a better husband and father.  Help me stay focused on your Kingdom.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment