Monday, May 26, 2014

An invitation to dwell

I woke up this morning before anyone else in the house, so I quietly went downstairs and made myself a cup of coffee.  I sat down in the recliner to read the Bible with my coffee, and I heard some soft little footsteps upstairs.  I couldn't see who it was, so I said, "Good morning, son.  Come downstairs and sit with me."

As I spoke the words, I felt like my Heavenly Father was speaking the same words to me.  I think He invites us each morning to dwell with Him.  Part of that dwelling is colaboring in His work, which I think is what I have tended to focus on in my pursuit of righteousness.  But I am beginning to think that a critical part of life in Christ is simply dwelling with the Father, through the blood of Christ, in fellowship with the Holy Spirit.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the invitation to dwell with you.  I want to know you amd be found in you.  Lord, thank you for your kind love.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment