Wednesday, May 14, 2014

comunitas

From wikipedia:

Communitas is a Latin noun commonly referring either to an unstructured community in which people are equal, or to the very spirit of community. ... Communitas is an intense community spirit that often refer, the feeling of great social equality, solidarity, and togetherness. 

From Acts 2:

42 They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

We had a going-away party for Mark and Rachel and Reed and Stephanie last night.  It was so encouraging to me to see the communitas among us.  I believe that our church leadership is being intentional about fostering communitas within our body, and I am excited to see this aspect of our church growing.  My experiences in Ecuador gave me a taste of what deep communitas is like, and I have come to believe that it is an important part of following the Way of Jesus.

From John 13:

35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Heavenly Father, thank you for our church body and the love that we have in you.  Lord, please help us grow in loving you and loving each other.  I pray that we will be genuine, devoted disciples of Christ.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment