Tuesday, May 6, 2014

God is dead

LUK 23:46 ESV

Then Jesus, calling out with a loud voice, said, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!" And having said this he breathed his last.

I can't imaging watching Jesus die.  The concept of the creator in creation form is crazy enough, but the creation killing the creator? That is bizarre!

Hebrews 10:10, 14 ESV
And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.  ... For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

2 Corinthians 5:21 ESV
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

I dont know which is crazier, that Christ would become sin or that we would become the righteousness of God.  Not only are we justified, and even sanctified, but we will be glorified.  Simply incredible.

Heavenly Father, thank you for spending your son to paying he debt of my sin.  Thank you for your grace in giving me eternal life instead of eternal death.  Thank you for purchasing my freedom.  Lord Jesus, thank you for sanctioning me and perfecting me.  Holy Spirit, please empower me to live the divine life today.  May your righteousness be displayed through me.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment