Saturday, October 11, 2014

Praying for healing

I had a good conversation with a Brother yesterday.  We were talking about prayer, and he said that instead of praying for people to be healed, he prays that they will have a good attitude.  He said that instead of praying for the persecuted saints to be liberated, he prays that they will persevere and not recount their faith.

At this moment, I can't think of anything in Scripture to suggest that we shouldn't ask God to heal us or deliver us from trouble.  Of course, God doesn't always heal us the way we want, but this shouldn't prevent us from asking, either.  We can approach God for healing because He is gracious and merciful. So, I think we can pray for a good attitude and healing, perseverance and liberation.

I feel like God is 0 for 4 on answering my prayers for healing cancer (Ryan, Grandma, Aunt Jean, Uncle George).  Maybe I feel like God owes me an answered prayer.   Maybe I am learning that I can confidently ask God to heal and expect Him to answer, but also not be angry at Him if He does not answer my prayer.

Heavenly Father, please help me trust you.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment